Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, December 29, 2005

29 Dec 2005

This morning, after arriving to the Base, I was talking with some Jeep friends. One of the guys has a set of 35" tires for me, if I want them.
Oh yes, my Jeep! I am a Jeeper. With the following, you will either not understand, or, are a "Wheeler". I have, an '85 CJ-7 with a rebuilt (to the max) 258 (4.0L) which is no longer a 258, T-176 and D300, D30 and D20 ( with D44's on the way), 4.11's (front and rear)- posi (F&R)- mechanical lockers (F&R), driving 33's and up 4.5". Custom roll cage, with modifications on the way. It is not drivable on the street when the road is wet. When the posi kicks in, the front goes where ever it wants as both rear wheels turn equally and no slip. Usually it pionts not where I want it to go; however, the dirt, sand, and mud remain a different story. It's credits include: Moab, Rubicon, Imperial Sand Dunes Recreational Area, all of Ocatillo Wells and Borrego Springs, to name a few. Anyway, I'm still learning the sport and loving it all the way. Additionally, I have two bikes-one street and one dirt, sand buggy, and a Chevy truck to pull the camper and toys.
Lunch was spent with a new pilot, who is attempting to join the squadron. By all appearances, he would seem to blend into the mix of characters. A very good sign.
After lunch, I began the pre-op procedures for the upcoming surgery. My doc is very optimistic and hopeful. It would be nice to go back to a life I once knew. Along the way, and a funny thing, I ran into somebody I once had a "crush" on. I was trying to straighten out the insurance company and there she was working in this particular office.
Out of here for the weekend. Four days off with plenty to do.
Happy New Year
Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home