Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Of Inspiration I

Hello All,

I was inspired to write the following:

Slipping away into a hypnotic state, I see the night summer skies and marvel at the constellations. It is difficult to keep my eyes open as the warm air embraces my body and the serenity of life fills my soul. My mind travels to the places of this day, the events leading to this moment, and the joy that is mine. No place on earth could I ever hold the beauty that is now.

In my condition, I see the many steps leading to the peninsula and the Mediterranean beyond with an aqua color magnificently wrapping the white sands. I turn to you and see the breeze softly brushing your hair and forming the many patterns as to illustrate the freedom of our moment. With a gentle smile you say, “Let’s walk in the water” and immediately my mind takes us there.

The water is soothingly warm and the subtle grains of sand around our feet bring forward the knowledge of this being the perfect place and perfect time, with nobody else I could ever share. As the blue sky frames my vision of you, I know this is one moment no photograph could ever capture. I see you smile and I can only think that you are experiencing the same sensations as I, the joys of life and this place.

This place.

This place. Then a sense of reality sets in and that is not where I am. Was I dreaming? As I look around the room I know my mind was far from this place. The memory of this dream filling my being and my desire to return, and then I see you sitting before me, smiling. I see the beauty that is the true you within your eyes.

Your eyes.

Your eyes. Slipping away into a hypnotic state, I see the night summer skies and marvel at the constellations.

Reach

5 Comments:

Blogger Pelzartig Barenhetze said...

That is simply beautiful...

Wed May 16, 11:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

Very nice, sort of like a poem.

Wed May 16, 04:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Reach, your writing is breath taking.

Thu May 17, 02:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Reach said...

Thank you- All

Reach

Wed May 30, 12:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Seven said...

Terry,
I like this. You have captured that nether world between photography and reality. The interesting aspect is that the capture occurs as the result of a mental/memory capture, that in itself is not reality. Or is it? You have formed a fascinating question. Very nice.

Thu May 31, 05:16:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home