Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, December 01, 2007

"Wasted Time"

Hello all,

During this time of my absence, I am certain those who remain checking for updates find discouragement with each month that passes. Also, now that my page does not hold complete anonymity- yes, I have personal-friends visiting this site and I will not go into specific details.

It appears I have suffered more from my participation in Operation Iraqi Freedom than the physical conditions previously disclosed. Lately, I have refocused my ventures in the direction of new healings. As with every period of growth, comes cycles of pain. Sometimes we tend to look at our own body, physique, mentality, or emotional status as a loved one- and visa verse. After all, do we not include each of these into our individual vision of the “Whole Self”?

A trusted friend once told me, “When the body is tired, exercise the mind; and, when the mind is tired, exercise the body. When the heart is tired, refocus your personal direction; and when your directional focus becomes unclear, exercise the heart to regain your heading.” Each of us understand different meanings from certain song lyrics, and this one brings to mind one verse, for me- “Sometimes, to keep it together, We got to leave it alone”, by Don Henley. I find some humor in the fact, these words can carry forward meanings in other areas, beside relationships.

I know the length of this post is larger than my usual; however, I feel it appropriate to my current situation. Therefore, I leave you with “Wasted Time” by the Eagles:

Well baby, there you stand
With your little head down in your hand
Oh my God, You can’t believe
It’s happening again
Your baby’s gone and you’re all alone
And it looks like the end

You’re back out on the street
And you’re trying to remember- oh
“How will you start it over
You don’t know what became
You don’t care much for a stranger’s touch
But you can’t hold your man

You never thought you’d be alone
This far down the line”
And I know what’s been on your mind
You’re afraid it’s all been wasted time

The autumn leaves have got you thinking
About the first time that you fell
You didn’t love the boy too much
no, no
You just loved the boy too well,

Farewell

So you live from day to day
And you dream about tomorrow- oh
And the hours go by like minutes
And the shadows come to stay
So you take a little something
To make them go away

I could’ve done so many things, baby
If only I could stop my mind
From wondering what I left behind-

And from worrying about this wasted time

Another love has come and gone
And the years keep rushing on
I remember what you told me
Before you went out on your own
“Sometimes, to keep it together
We got to leave it alone.”

So you can get on with your search, baby
And I can get on with mine
And maybe someday we will find
That it wasn’t really wasted time.

Be Safe,

Reach

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaxs said...

Hey,

I knew you had PTSD. You never told me, and i never asked, but i knew. It was because of this discovery that i geared my psychological focus this semester to that disorder. I have completed my research with a 99% in the class. I know its not much, but i have a greater understanding from a psychological perspective than i could have had any other way... Thank you for sharing. I love you!

Sun Dec 02, 09:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger Holly said...

Hi Reach,

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I hope you are doing well.

Happy Holidays,
Holly

Mon Dec 03, 09:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

I know you'll find a way through this. Keep posting. Oh, and you gotta love the eagles.

Wed Dec 05, 11:19:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home