Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Hello All,

On the other hand, I should say all three of you who regularly check back for new postings. I am very happy to know you have remained consistent readers- thank you very much. Additionally, I would like to thank T-Man for keeping me honest.

Reasons for my long posting delays:

1) You know I have suffered from some injuries from my military participation and two new injuries have come to the forefront. Psychological stuff, which is no fun, but I have to tell you the meds Rock! In addition, IT IS LEGAL.

2) What you do not know is a little fact that I am no longer in the military. Yes, I have retired since I had no further choices. Because of my fight with the Air Force Surgeon General’s (AFSG) office, and a little help from the Secretary of the Air Force, I was permitted to remain and finish out my time for a full (non-medical) Retirement. I could not move up, regardless the desires of my Group Commander. I could not move laterally, due to the AFSG office placing limitations on my professional schooling. Nor was I willing to step down from my last post because I loved the work I did and they enabled my “less than” full involvement. Or,

3) I have just been too lazy.
Either way, you can decide for yourself.

One cool aspect of joining the retired ranks is politics. I can now speak my mind when it comes to politics, politicians, individuals and their platforms, and the ability to mention which person I like. For those who do not know, the Uniform Code of Military Justice prohibits any Military Member from public discussions whether for, or against, any particular Political issue.

“And, that’s all I have to say about that.”

Next, what I have been up to in my final months of service? My Commander desired a presentation photo representing my group, a photographic collage if you will. If I may, please allow my attempt in illustrating a mental picture, for you.

Well, the majority of these photographs are productions of approximately thirty items set on a small stage. Not mine, as I utilized an entire room! The popular consensus is, the final product will be incredible and something for other units to strive. I incorporated 97 items. Allotted only two weeks, I prepared, organized, and set the stage while my Chief handled the photographic details. The final product, when printed, will measure 18X24 inches.

Be Safe,

Reach

4 Comments:

Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

Hope the injuries get better, drugs are fun!

Congrats on retirement?

The picture sounds col. What kind of items? Guns and tanks and ears torn off enemies while running through the jungle (in the CCR sense).

Sat Apr 05, 04:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lynilu said...

Well, I guess I'm one of the three, then!

Congratulations on your retirement. I hope this is a good/happy thing for you, although retirement usually has many meanings for any of us. And what are you going to do with the rest of your life?? (OK, OK, I just had to ask!!)

When my husband was being treated at VA hospitals, I heard lots of those post-active-duty political expressions. I understand the release that comes with that, and I will wish you happy venting .... whatever course it takes you!

Good to hear from you again. :D

Sun Apr 06, 02:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Reach said...

T-Man,
I hope to post a copy of the photo, with the proper permission of course. The photo contained items such as: an open extraction chute for tanks, free fall personnel parachute, cargo netting, helmets from assorted aircraft, a 500 lb bomb, many survival items, flight charts, plus some vintage items from WWI and WWII, which I checked out from the museum. Honestly, the photo contained too many items to list in one sitting. Unfortunately, at the moment of taking the photo I did manage to forget any ears.

Reach

Mon Apr 07, 08:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Reach said...

Lynilu,
Yes, I consider you as one of the three and I thank you.
As for my plans, I am hoping to take advantage of the “Troops to Teachers” program and work with one of the local high schools. Additionally, I have a business partner and we are seriously searching for the best property to start a Vineyard together. In short, I plan my days of going back to high school and my nights of drinking excessive amounts of wine. OK, not excessive; however, everybody should have a goal. Um, I hope the students will not find out about little facts like these- counseling is difficult enough with out such phrases as, "I know I do that, but."

As for the Political Expressions, I am just warming up and I hope my comments are too out-dated. I have some catching up, when it comes to such comments.

Thanks for stopping by,

Be Safe,

Reach

Mon Apr 07, 08:36:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home