Name:
Location: California, United States

Friday, January 06, 2006

Pilgrims?!

I am enjoying the time of honesty and presence. Here, like all others participating in this game we call the "Human Race", I am placing my inner most self out there for all to see in the form of blogs. Ever since the TV show, "Doogy Housier" [I hope my spelling is not a point to be judged], I thought it would be nice to chronicle my life's experiences. Except, on the show he would only drop one, single, line of definition for remembrance to many events. This will not work. My life occupies many aspects: family (my children and parents),friends and work. Work- there is a statement. What is my work? Often are the times I have asked myself this very question. I deal with aviation. More accurately, I operate aircraft in the air and on the ground. The airplane is only a tool, an office with a mind set which must be met. When I enter my office, I do my job with the application of training, knowledge, experience and finally judgement. The really cool part arrives with the end of my work day. As I depart my office, the door remains the same, until that very moment it is opened. My office is not were I entered it. This is the time that "journey" really begins. Like a child who enters the gates of Disney Land, "which park do I wish to enter first" is the question at hand. How can I summize this into a one, single, line of definition for remembrance? Consider my journey's have taken my body and mind to many lands. I have ventured onto all, except one, continents. And, even though I have duplicated arrival locations, the journey is always different. The people I have met in all of their splended forms of personalities, continually reinforce the idea of "mankind is kind". Just give them respect and the opportunity to be themselves. This is only a very small part, of the thing which I call "my job, my work, my profession".

To gain training and knowledge of creating and occupying "blog" space, I need to understand it's purpose. How is this tool utilized by other "Bloggers"? So, I become an investigator, of sorts. What is the norm? The only way to find these answers is to read. I can do this! As I venture through the small spaces in blogs I have traveled; it appears, I am not the only new person here. Many times, I have counted three to four entries as the only posts. Cool!

So, to all who have experienced countless hours in posting- the Pilgrims have arrived. Unlike Plymouth Rock, which we are all aware was not the original point of entry, we are not here to conquer. I see this as my learning to express myself stage. After all, with my many accomplishments, I still need to work on the "whole person" concept.

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home