Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Assignment

Hello All,

As everybody is aware, I am attempting several things at one time with this site.
I wish to:
1) Improve my writing skills through your critiques,
2) Document this dramatic period of metamorphous I currently know as my life,
3) Prove to myself that I do have a life through illustrating these peaks,
4) Depict those items I truly miss,
5) Point up my goals,
6) And other items too numerous to list.

In my attempt to make my posts humorous, controversial, or informative, I feel that my writing abilities are not capturing my readers’ full attention or provoking thought. It is for this reason I am going to make the following request.

Please respond in the comments section with your suggestion of a topic that I shall cover in my writing. I will take the most popular subject to study, analyze and write about. Should you see a suggestion, you feel worthy of this adventure, please list. The suggestion period will end on Thursday, 20 April 2006 and I will post on Monday, 24 April 2006. You may select any subject in your imagination and I will agree to write on this subject.
Next, I ask for your critiques. As I appreciate each of you for your writing abilities, I am approaching this from a student’s point of view.
I appreciate your support on this project.

Thank you,

Reach

7 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

Reach,
Because you have experience with flying I think it would be interesting to hear your perspective on the risks humans will takw in the pursuit of advancement.
More specifically, the road from the Wright Brothers forward in time has been filed with risk and accomplishment. Is there a balance point. Do the meek seek the sky and the escape from earth?
Or, does meekness and lack of courage not enter the picture at all; but rather curiosity overcomes the adventurer?

Tue Apr 18, 11:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Seven said...

From a different perspective there must be all sorts of practical jokes available to pilots.

Tue Apr 18, 12:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger jane said...

Hi, I like when you write about your experiences like flying & riding horses. You've got a real gift for making your reader feel as though we're right there with you.

Tue Apr 18, 02:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

First, the fact that I keep coming back to see what you've posted means I think you're blog is interesting, etc.

Second, I would like to see some short stories. Not neccesarily from your life, but it could be. Just write something about a page long, and try and evoke a feeling, or a place. Just focus on one important thing in writing.

and finally as part of the "critiquing", metamorphous is spelled metamorphosis, if that's the word you were going for. Ha.

Tue Apr 18, 03:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Seven said...

Oops, I meant
Do the COURAGEOUS seek the sky and the escape from earth?

Tue Apr 18, 03:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Reach said...

LOL, now this is what I am talking about. Thank you
And, yes, TH, that is exactly the word I was looking to use.

Reach

Tue Apr 18, 04:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sideways Chica said...

TH beat me to the metamorphosis Reach. I love the way you write...I imagine it is how you speak. I liked the story of your Grandfather Otto the best. I think a short story would be nice, but stay with your experience...flying, horses, jeeps, surfing, etc. Mostly though, I read your blog to know more about you. Where you came from, where you've been, what you've seen, or experienced. I imagine you could be the "Dirk Pitt" from the popular Clive Cussler series of books. Why not a modern day Magnum P.I. - or just Reach, of course. As in Reach for the sky.

Have fun with your project.

Teri

Fri Apr 21, 03:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home