Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Never Fail to Dream

Hello All,

I remember as a child dreaming of aviation. At that age, I believed that I could be anything when I grew up. One week I wanted to be a pilot, then the following week my goal was a firefighter; my mind ran the full gambit of career goals. Then, the following Saturday I would take these dreams and set them aside for another time. I knew where I had placed them to keep.

As my life evolved, the opportunity to readdress each dream presented itself. With a better understanding of the various paths to accomplish each dream, I later found reasons to dismiss them and continue holding those I cherished. Yet, as I would check back into the places they were stored, I would also see the ones previously rejected. My point is simply stated, “even though the chance to live a dream never presents itself, you will never lose the dream.”

The key is to recognize the opportunity, fully knowing your desires and take every chance possible for the dream's realization.

This is my new place to stand; it is here, where my life is now.

I am happy,

Be Safe,

Reach


“There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams. Then they put the box away and bring it out once in awhile to look in it, and yep, they're still there.” - Erma Bombeck

1 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

I actually pursued and lost my key dream. There was nothing more I wanted to be than a professional baseball player. I chased it a long while. This year, one of my baseball students (Hunter Pence)is playing center field for the Houston Astros. He's living my dream and I am very happy for him.
I'm glad I chased it. Sorry I lost it. But in the end, maybe that is why dreams are worthy of chasing; even the reason they must be chased?
Nice post.

Thu May 31, 05:20:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home