Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Hypocrites Corner

Hello All,

I am just back from a mini vacation to Palm Springs, where a friend and I shared a two bedroom, time-share, apartment. The weather was perfect and the people were awesome as we lounged by the pool. Though our room was on the third floor over-looking the pool and bar, the plan was not in spending time in the room.

I tried to take in a day of golf, first time since my injuries, and found my leg will no longer handle the day. On the 14 hole, I was down by nine strokes from the other players and had to leave the game- not bad for somebody who has not played since 2003. However, I did learn a valuable lesson. At the end of the game I was only down by four strokes, thus suggesting- I play my best game by not playing. I consider that a successful round of golf. What do you think?

Anyway back at the pool, I established a reputation on the water slide. With all the rules, no head first sliding, no spinning, etc, I did manage to “Catch Air”. At one point, I cleared the sides by three feet on the corners. Even the “Life Guard” shook her head. Well, that is until I they banned me from any further slide usage. I was in the air and did a flip. The management did not like that one. Not the midair flip bothering them; I think it was because I accidentally came down on my face and suffered a cut above my eye. I knew when I did it, so I thought I should try to play it off when I came out of the water and nobody would notice. I think its funny how blood is difficult to hide, especially when somebody tries a “Bone-Head” move. This was not the worst part. After I realized there was no hiding my actions, I tried to talk the female Life Guard into a little mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. She did not go for it- too bad, she was cute. In addition, I promise there was only "some alcohol abuse" involved. Is being drunk considered Abuse? I don't know, those Vodka/Lemonades tasted great to us and our new found friends in the desert heat.

I met a great couple from Los Angeles who own a ’66 Chevrolet and wish to come down for Cruise Night. I told them they could stay at my place when they do come down. This should prove to be a great weekend- only because my pool does not have a slide.

Have a great weekend all, and I wish everybody the best Mother’s Day.

Be Safe,
I always say that, but is it considered hypocritical considering this post?

Reach

2 Comments:

Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

That's pretty funny. You should have feigned dizziness and passing out, then she would have had to give you mouth to mouth.

Sat May 10, 04:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lynilu said...

I laughed at your comment at my blog about having a safe journey seemed like something I should be saying to you! "Bone-Head"?? Oh, yeah!! LOL!!!

Mon May 12, 07:43:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home