Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, May 22, 2008

When Voices Matter, The Revisit….

Hello All,

On February 8, 2006, I wrote the following: “Voicing an opinion is a tricky thing. As we enjoy our freedom of speech, we certainly do not wish to insult other people for their beliefs. I think this is called ‘respect’! In that thought, it is good to listen to another person’s beliefs, as; it can sometimes allow us to reevaluate our own epitome of beliefs.

With this in mind, I thought my next topic placed out there for the world to read should be Global Warming. Here are some current progressions for this comparison.

2008-05-21: As scientific evidence accumulates on the destructive impact of carbon-dioxide emissions, a handful of lawyers are beginning to bring suits against the major contributors to climate change. Will the legal strategy that brought down Big Tobacco work against Big Oil? In their attempts, lawsuits in California, Mississippi, and New York have been dismissed by judges who say a ruling would require them to balance the perils of greenhouse gases against the benefits of fossil fuels—something best handled by legislatures. Enter the Senate Hearings on Capitol Hill; where, “Top executives of the five largest oil companies tried to shift anger over high prices to a debate over supplies Wednesday, leading a senator (Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.), to accuse them of acting like ‘hapless victims’ while racking up record profits.” And, the response, “I urge you to resist these punitive policies,” said John Hofmeister, president of Shell Oil Co.

Who will take the blame? Are fossil fuels to blame for Global Warming, soaring fuel and food prices? I am here to tell you this is not the case! True, I have uncovered evidence we are placing blame in the wrong areas. We need to direct our thoughts in a more “healthy” direction.

GENEVA - Obesity contributes to global warming, too. Yes, you heard it here first! While other Blogs are quick to blame high costs on Al Gore and the Alliance, a London based School disagrees. “Obese and overweight people require more fuel to transport them and the food they eat, and the problem will worsen as the population literally swells in size, a team at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine says,” reported by REUTERS updated 9:15 a.m. PT, Fri., May 16, 2008.

I have arrived to a conclusion: I will sacrifice one Big Mac per week and donate the money to the Alliance. At 180 pounds, this person is doing his share for the environment. However, they will not be receiving my money from the IN & OUT funds. No, I refuse to live with out my “Double Doubles” and “4X4’s”, “Animal Style” of course. As for the readers in any state, other than California, too bad you do not know the joys of a good IN & OUT burger. I am writing this post to prove a point; anybody can twist and manipulate statistics, or, I love IN & OUT. IN & OUT, the only fast food restaurant, which offers more items off the menu, than on- join the Secret Society today.

Be Safe,

Reach

4 Comments:

Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

I think global warming is an important issue, but I don't like how they seem to blame a lot of things on global warming that they never did before.

Or, they'll blame global warming for things that were happening a long time ago. It's become the go-to cause to get your issue attention.

Thu May 22, 06:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Reach said...

I agree. You understood my point.

These days, the stats are proving everything is the root cause of Global Warming.

Do not be surprised if somebody will bring up this election. Yes, it too will be another cause. LOL

Enjoy your weekend

Reach

Fri May 23, 11:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger deedee said...

We have In & Out here in Arizona too.

Tue Jun 03, 01:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Reach said...

deedee,
I thank you, as I honestly did not know IN&OUT was outside of California.

Be Safe,

Reach

Tue Jun 03, 01:32:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home