Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ramblings 2

Here it is Wednesday and I have less than one week before my next surgery. Tuesday is almost here.

Funny, the emotions that are arriving into my life. As with surgery, it is always a risk. I know that "modern" medicine's advancements are exceptional, compared to history, but it is still not 100% without risk. Ok, here it is- I have excepted the fact that I may die during this next procedure. Yes, it is not going to be performed in a physicaly sensitive area of my body, but one really never knows about the side affects of the anesthesia. Another thought is about my will- do I have the will to over come such "side affects"? This morning, I have discovered a long over looked, positive, attribute within myself- helping others. I have too much to complete, before that "final" day. Too many projects to do for other people, and not to mention, and for myself. After all, I must not forget that I will be hosting a Super Bowl party at my house. Oh boy, that is a "life and death" thought. Hehe To base an entire future on the idea of Hosting one Super Bowl party. (only a joke) A great idea was given to me, by a very close friend, on how I could manage the hosting of this party from a wheel chair. Not bad for a two story house, I might add. I could get my hands on two wheel chairs- one for my body and the second, for the beer keg, and attached like a trailer to the first. I would be enabled to wheel around the entertainment area of the house and bring the drinks to my guests. Sounded funny at the time. Ah, who knows?

I was reading another person's blog today. As, this person, was listing their complaints and problems with life, I could not help but wonder why I complain about mine. Everybody has problems. It is how you live with your problems, that gauge your strengths. This person was bothered with their "home" life. How they are in a relationship that does not bring them happiness. Yet, for the love of a third party, this person continues to be unhappy with the second party. We can not find happiness in others. We must find happiness within ourselves, before we can bring happiness to another person. So, my thoughts are; too bad, too bad for the third party that this one loves. The "loved" one is not recieving the full happiness from the loving one. The loving one can not give their full love because of the unfullfilled area in their life. But, this is only my opinion and I can not relate due to the fact that I am not the one in this position. With this said, I do not judge and only try to understand.

When it comes to love and my life, I do have my "immediate" family and no significant other. I am alone when it comes to a travelling companion through the journey of life. I have love for one woman, but I know she does not share my feelings. That is ok, as I still give her all that she asks. Ah, who knows?

You know what I miss, the "falling in love." I miss those times: the anxiety and anticipation as 'you' are walking out the door to see this person, the joy of that first glance after it has been two or three days since you've last seen each other, the late night phone calls and you realize how many hours you have been speaking. Ah, who knows?

Speaking of "missing", there are aspects of my life I also miss. Going to the gym. The ability, and permission, to walk up and down stairs. Running. Riding my mountain bike, or motorcycle, as fast I can down a trail. SURFING! I know, that in time, I will miss flying. For now, I only miss the locations I have traveled. Knowing that I shall never fly there again, under my control, will be tough. Yes, I know I am going to lose my "medical" rating. With that said, there goes a career.

Yet, as one door closes, another door opens. I love this new job. A Career Advisor, I never thought that I would be in this role. To imagine that I hold (so many) careers in my hands. The responsibility of another person's future. Wow! Talk about rewarding, I do enjoy the look on a person's face, as I give them ideas and suggestions on managing their career. Showing them the control they hold with every decision they make. The look I get, as they realize the opportunities that lie before them. It is truly cool.
Yep, I know.

So, there is a book called "my life" and I am on a new chapter. The excitement that arrives with a new segment. The new challenges to face and over come. The successes and achievements that are, the road that is before me. I have met a fork in the road and I am not going to regard the "yield" sign as I approach. There will be no collisions, as I am only accelerating past the obsticles. Oh, and BTW (by the way), I have "tossed" the rear view mirror this time, and only taking the lessons of the past. The rest can remain right there, in the past.

Did I do it? Did I "Ramble" twice? Is this worth listing as "twice"? Would this be considered as a "two for the price of one" deal?

Here it is..........
Wait for it.........

Ah, who knows.

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home