Name:
Location: California, United States

Friday, February 10, 2006

Ah, the weekend

Last night, after work I am watching the news. I find humor in the following. Sorry, but I do.
So, I am watching the news, while eating dinner and a commercial for “The World News Tonight” comes on. In the commercial, the anchor “person” is making every attempt to ensure my presence for the information they are planning on airing. Stating a line about a drug manufacturer that is marketing harmful products, the anchor asks me to stay tuned for more information. I wondered about this. If a news agency, of good reputation, maintains the desire to present the most current of critical information, would they not make the statement immediately? I mean, what if I was sitting there just getting ready to ingest my dosage of medication for the evening? They had every opportunity to appear on my television with a simple statement- “Hey, Stop, you really do not want to take that!” But, no, they only care about ratings. In addition, let’s be realistic about this whole issue. Does anybody think one “News” broadcast is going to have information, which no other agency is reporting? I am watching the local News, right now. I could be wrong, but from what I have seen, they almost imitate each other down to the time line. So many times, I have heard “We have the exclusive story”, ya right! “We have the only amateur video of this event”, really means, “We were the first on the scene to offer some poor schmuck the minimum price he would accept, for what you are about to see.” Keep in mind, they always seem to remind the viewing audience, “This is amateur footage.” What does that really mean? That is translated into, “Our CEO wants you to think our quality is better than this, and our Attorneys don’t want to go to court over this one.” Yet, they ARE stilling using this poor Schmuck’s footage. Meanwhile, the poor Schmuck is feeling so lucky, he is going to buy more cameras and carry one everywhere he goes. Then, he discovers the “Endless Loop” tape, and he will never have to buy another tape again. Shoot, he could just leave the cameras on 24 hour record. Hey, now there is an idea…….
Did I mention what the Broadcast station, camera operator earns? And the Schmuck feels lucky?
Poor Schmuck!
Friday is here and I feel good about this past week’s productivity at work. So much progress was made.
Weekend is here.
The Plan:
The best friend, “M”, called, he, his wife, and the group are going wine tasting on Saturday. Let me paint you the picture. The setting, Temecula, California, Wine Country; The time, all day long; The weather, blue skies with no clouds; The trek, from Vineyard to Vineyard; Driving the Jeep with the bikini top on and the doors off. Did I mention, Wine tasting? Don’t have to worry about parking, the Jeep has climbed an H2 before (sorry, Hummer owners), and that Datsun- well they still do not know about that one.
Sunday brings some work in the garage. I have another work bench to build. It, also, brings a tree removal (Oh, joy). Poor sucker (and it is a Sucker) died a couple of months back, I just have not had the time. In the afternoon, it is Tax time, gotta get those done.
Then comes Monday, see ya then.
Have a good weekend, all-

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home