Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

New levels

Last night, I met somebody who I have been speaking with for more than two years.

Since my accident, I have been forced to reside in my quarters here on base. I have managed to maintain my “home” residence and live between the both. Week days and nights, are spent on base and the remaining times I commute to home. I have been fortunate for this living arrangement.
During the times of my commute, I have traveled through the main gate. About 40% of these commutes, I have been greeting by the most fantastic and outgoing young lady. Her personality is, of the most upbeat and cheerful individuals I have ever met. Her inner beauty shines to a point; reflected in the face and heart of everybody she meets. She always makes the time to say, “Hello” and “How are you”, with meaning.

Therefore, last night during my entry conversation, she reveals a small glance into her private life. She then asks me to return to the gate, later that evening for a visit. I complied. The excitement was felt, as I was truly meeting her on this new level. We spoke of many things to include our desires, crushes, family, past love lives, and careers.

Keep in mind this is not in the light of a relationship beyond friendship.

I have never thought about her, as having problems. I never imagined her to be having a “rough” life. Then it came to me. She, like me, keeps the “optimistic” attitude and regardless of the challenges before us; strives for the “whole person”.

As I embark on this “Blogging” adventure and met people from all walks of life. I am trying to find and better myself with the views of experience. I have “met” somebody, who refers to experiences and responsibilities, as wearing “hats”. In the comments, I have read about the “world’s” expectations of the “hat” wearer. I wondered about my perceived “hat”, the Security Forces Officer wore and my expectations of her life. I was wrong. I am thankful for those hours spent with her, aligning my views with the facts of her private life. Anybody who invests the time speaking with her will walk away refreshed and rejuvenated for the adventures that lie before them.

Well, these are only a couple of thoughts and I should get some work done.

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home