Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, February 06, 2006

The quiet weekend

Friday night, after work, I went to the house to relax. My son came home straight from work and asked if I wanted to go out again. His friends asked if I would “come out to play”. I think it is cool that my son’s friends like to have me around; however, I wish there were other people same age as myself there. I went.
One of the guys, “S”, said that he wanted his dad to come out, also. “S” said that his father and I would get along well, talking about cars. It appears his father and I have some of the same “old” friends. I hate that- Me/Old!
If I examine my heritage, I am not even “middle-aged”. My relatives, historically, have lived beyond Ninety! Can I be considered old, if I have not yet reached “Middle-Aged”? I am certain it is up to the person doing the observing.

It was a “bad-ankle” weekend. This means, I need to refill my Vicodin.

I was not happy with the Super Bowl. First, this is the most important game of the season. Yes, we follow the season and enjoy the elements of the game, along the way. But, this IS- THE GAME! Second, we watch this game for the commercials. This year, they sucked as a whole. Even people, who do not watch football, enjoy the commercials. Third, the half time show is supposed to be spectacular. Not to age myself (AGAIN), I’ve enjoyed multiple Rolling Stone Concerts in my day. What was up with the Stone’s???? I have never seen them so dull. If I were forced to utilize a Simile, it would be like that “Claritin” commercial. You know the one, were they show the world in a haze and then, remove the film and the picture becomes more clear and defined. Well, to me, the Stone’s show needed some Claritin. Back to the commercials; was it I, or were they lame. Yes, typically there is only a hand full of delightful and entertaining sketches. Nevertheless, usually there is an array, from where to measure. Did my eyes deceive me, or did I actually see an ad for a “Job Placement Service”? I know I was on Med’s, but I think the producer’s skulls were more numb than mine. And finally, the game in all it’s glory. I think this year’s game was, not about the teams and their success’, but about the Referees and Umpires. I could not help yell, a number of times, “I am the one on med’s and I even saw that!” That is actually not the funny part. I was justified with each and every replay. OK, this year’s game was a little disappointing. As for who won, I liked both teams for separate reasons.
By the way, I am not a big football fan. I am not the one who “lives” on the couch, if there is a game on TV. Honestly, I would watch a rerun of a favorite movie instead, but not during the Super Bowl.

Well, I have noticed that I have been writing more and more. Each time, I drop just short of a novel in quantity. I need to work on that.

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home