Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

When Voices matter.....

Voicing an opinion is a tricky thing. As we enjoy our freedom of speech, we certainly do not wish to insult other people for their beliefs. I think this is called “respect”. In that thought, it is good to listen to another person’s beliefs, as; it can sometimes allow us to reevaluate our own epitome of beliefs.
What does one do, if they are insulted immediately? I know the proper thing is to turn and leave. I also know, the desire to turn and say the line from SNL, “Jane, you ignorant slut”. However, I am not rude, nor do I condone such behavior. I, simply, say “thank you” and make my departure. Personally, I feel it is the other person’s loss. I, at the very least, know that I am not of the “narrow mind”, as my paradigms are open for shifting (with the provisional lack of insults). I am available to listen, and I think those who have read my blogs will know I shall do my best to understand the other person’s thoughts without being judgmental.
Therefore, I am still trying to meet people, in this arena, and learn about their ways of life. I am reaching out to open my paradigms. I have seen the world in its beautiful vastness. I have experienced many cultures, both with and without incident. However, it is not until I meet those who do not care about other people, that I am insulted. I am insulted and categorized for my thoughts of life, liberties, and justices’.
Here is the comical part of this scenario; I still would give my own life, for these peoples freedom to feel that I am a loser. Actually, I think “Ogre” was the correct wording. Yet, I regress and that is beside the point.
Ladies and Gentleman, I am an American Fighting Man. I, and those who have preceded me, fight for American Freedoms. We do not do this for the money, obviously, if you listen to those subversive websites or have common sense; we do not do this for the appreciation of our fellow American Citizens. We do not do this, so we can carry a big gun; if that were true, we would simply move to Texas.
My Grandfather flew in the Army- Air Corp. My father flew in the Navy. I fly in the Air Force. It is in my heritage. I serve, so you can call me names. Moreover and simply put, I thank you. You have the Right to call me names. I will give you this Right, just the same, as I would die for you to have this Right. It is yours, to keep, if I am to have my way. This all means, we are doing our job correctly.

Reach

1 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

Nicely articulated. Thanks for the wisdom...many could use a dose of it these days

Thu Feb 09, 07:02:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home