Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I get so many emails, sometimes I find one that appears to have a parallel course with my mind set. This one came to me today.

A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package. "What food might this contain?” the mouse wondered. He was devastated to discover a mousetrap being unmasked. Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning. "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it." The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The pig sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured you are in my prayers." The mouse turned to the cow and said, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose." Therefore, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap alone. That very night a sound was heard throughout the house -- like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey. The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital and she returned home with a fever. Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient. Nevertheless, his wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig. The farmer's wife did not get well; she died. So many people came for her funeral; the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them. The mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.
Therefore, the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and think it doesn't concern you, remember -- when one of us is threatened, we are all at risk. We are all involved in this journey called life. We must keep an eye out for one another and make an extra effort to encourage one another.

I continue to meet interesting people, as I do my blogging research. Some, I find to intellectualize their subject to an acute point. It is amazing, to me, as I watch another individual write their thought processes. Giving me the complete advantage of following their thoughts, as if I were reading a schematic. Witnessing this individuals "flow chart" mentality can be exciting.

Geek Moment

You know what is funny. The division in my mind as I write. Here, I pretty much "shoot-from-the-hip" and write as I speak. No grammar checks and content progression reevaluated on this page. Yet, in my professional position, I must write in a "Military Format". For the novice, Military Format was created aside from traditional Grammar. Must be bullet form, direct and achieve the objective. Ahem, sorry- that one slipped out. Normally, I'm like the dude on TV Surf shows. Ya-know, that certain energy and excitement rolled into one single "Whoa"! Or, "Cool Dude, that was Righteous!" Moreover, yes, gnarly is a word I utilize in my vocabulary! I know the Colonel's find a form of humor in my usage. Furthermore, I have a surf board in the corner of my office and a fly rod on the wall. A picture of one Marlin I caught in Baja extends on my desk. Not quite the specimen of Military Bearing; however, they are excellent conversation pieces. Talk about ice breakers. Unfortunately, they are "double edged swords" as I am tasked with an occasional "A55-chewing" and the "chewie" brings up surfing or fishing. How can I transition from the topic of surfing to another individual's mis-doing? Something I must work on.

Gasoline Prices- What is up with this crap? The prices rise, because the Company's have raising production costs. Um, excuse me; they just went up $0.20 in only three days. Ok, here I am going to age myself. I remember, (I always hated to hear that), when gasoline was less than one dollar. OK, a rise of 200% in this many years is good, but come on! At least justify your claims and raise the cost of Motor Oil. Gasoline prices fluxuate and the cost of Motor Oil remain standard. Am I the only one who sees this?

Rant page is over.

Did I mention the new sofa was a hit? Additionally, I bought some more cool things for the house. Yesterday, I checked out a digital 24 track recorder and another guitar, a Rickenbacker. Then comes the keyboard, the bar, and another computer. This house is going to "Rock". I think I have filed enough of today, on this blog.
Until next our paths shall cross,

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home