Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Groggie

I titled this week, only due to uncertainty, and that is how I felt for atleast a couple of days.

Sir, do you like green apples?

I am back in the office (wow, what a geek cause I missed it) for now. I have not, yet, been cleared to return to work status; but, I don't care. I think, I shall call this work "personal". How do you like them apples?

What did you miss?

Central Air Force Command has called a few times. Air Force Reserve Commnand has phoned. "You have E-MAIL". Joyous! And I think this 5h1t is exciting? I do now!

I remember- 35,000 feet, the gentle sway as the aircraft found it's path in the wind, calm-dark night, mild conversation over the interphone, radios were quiet and that is when the question began.

"Who is that, off of our left wing?" HUH! The lights in our aircraft were low. The night sky was so dark, we could hardly consider counting stars do to numbers available- and, we did'nt do that anyway. We could see out and nobody could see into our dark office in a vacant sky; atleast, that is what the radar was telling us. Naturally, every eye turned to the windows on the left side of the aircraft and there he was in our sight. He was in formation with us and we did not even know he was in the air. It was 1991 and we were flying over the Northern Persian Gulf Region and on our way down range.

"Riyadh Control", as we called for the Air Trafic Control Center. "Riyadh Control", came a questioned tone back to us over the radio. "Who is off of our left wing", we questioned the controller. The controller shot back with abbrasive attitude, "there is nobody off of your left wing". "We can see them and we are requesting their identity", we proclaimed. At this point, the unidentified aircraft abruptly "rolled" out and lined up underneath our aircraft. The controller said, "I do not see anybody else on the radar, you are the only aircraft in the sky". He continued, "what are you trying to say to me"?

I know a couple of aircraft and this one very much looked like a Mig. Though, I could only see forward of the wings, this was a Mig. "OH H-E-double toothpicks", I said, "boys there's a fat lady, and she is warming up her singing voice."

Now that's excitement! Talk about "pucker power"! This is the kind of excitement that will give your hemorrhoids' a hemorrhoid! The hairs on your neck (and even hairs that you do not even know you have) will stand on end. Have you ever been so visually shocked, that you could not even utter a sound? Now, this is what I am speaking about. So, what's this junk about missing a couple of phone calls? What's this rubble about missing the "rush" of writing a report?

I love Post Surgical Drugs. And their legal! Shhhh, don't let the secret out.

OK, I do not know if I have previously stated; but, I am in the Air Force. I have just come from my second surgery repairing my body from a deployment accident. Now, the Surgeon says "there is nothing else I can do". OH-Boy, just what I was hoping for him to say. Am I fully healed? No. Then he says, "hey, we're not as young as we used to be". "What?" Ok, what's next? I shall find out tomorrow morning. Oh-Boy, you know I am looking forward to this.

What I already know- I have lost full use of my left foot,
I have lost 50% of my carrying capacity,
I have lost my "airline" career,
I may lose my "Air Force" career,
I may not be allowed to persue back-packing again,
I will not be allowed to ride my Dirt Motorcyle.

OK, there are the "half-empties".
Here are the "half-fulls"-
I can still drink beer,
I can still participate in life,
I can always drive my Jeep,
I can always go camping in my camper,
Did I mention Beer?
I WILL surf,
I WILL go boating,
I WILL continue this blog,
Is it time for Beer?
My family owns property on Lake Havasu-
And that means BEER.

Really- I don't like beer.



Really- I do like Lagers.



Mostly- I love wine.



REACH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home