Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Questioning integrity

Hello,
So many things to say, but, I do not have the energy. I have a waterfall, in my office that is having an evaporation problem lately. I know it is the air.

The Chief and I went to the Base Exchange today at lunch, only to be met with a bomb threat. No shopping there. For lunch, we decided to meet up with an old buddy, who has since retired from the Air Force, at a local hang out. No- not a bar. It was actually very informative visit, as “Sp” works for the same Airline as I. He was busy telling us all of the new events going with the company. I admit I do miss the flying, routes, lay-over and the guys. They are picking up a new route in China; well, that is the rumor. I have not been to China in years, it was fun.

Ok, here is a question for my readers. Please feel free to answer from your heart, then mind. This is a question of integrity, my integrity.

If I lie to my Flight Surgeon, I could get my Flight Physical profile changed for my civilian job. My profile would list no limitations, as it should. But, I would have limitations, physical limitations that include no running, jumping, carry heavy loads and limited stair usage. Ok, with everything normal, I should be all right to fly. Now, think as I do, what about during an emergency. What about the time that another person is in need of my ability to carry him or her to safety?

Should I do this?

I already know my answer and I think I gave it away during that whole thing on integrity, a few posts before this one. However, others have recommended that I sway. Anyway, I am looking for you feelings and thoughts, in this forum.

Any takers???????????

Other than that;

Tonight, I have two scheduled meetings with Commanders. The first, over dinner to discuss all of the recent events. The second, to prepare for their future events. This and all I wish to do is to be in my room and watch “Survivor.”

Oh yes, there is something new- I am a Survivor junkie. I do not know why. I do not like the other (any of the other) reality show; but I love Survivor.

Whatever....

Have a great night, all,

Reach

3 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

In the event of an accident where you were not able to perform the "swayed on" activities...would there not be 2 victims? Passenger and your mental well being...Is there a solution that allows you to fly without passengers?
I sure hope something works out so you can return to your passion...

Fri Feb 24, 03:05:00 PM PST  
Blogger Sideways Chica said...

Rhetorical question I think. You know what to do...which road to take. :)

Mon Feb 27, 09:24:00 AM PST  
Blogger Reach said...

Teri,
You "busted" me, and you know that- HUH? LOL
I know that I am not going back, it is difficult when "others", who would like to fly with me again, tell me different.

Reach

Mon Feb 27, 05:12:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home