Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Fortune Cookies

Hello All,
Every time that I venture into a Chinese Restaurant, I look forward to the fortune cookie portion of the meal. No Take Out can match that climatic moment of reading the fortune allowed in the presence of strangers. Additionally, as my friends all swear to be true, “One must add the phrase “in bed” to the end of the fortune contained within the cookie.” As a child, I would envision a Chinese wizard (of sorts), to control the destination of the cookie and ensuring the cookie’s arrival into my hands. As an adult, I will take the fortune and attempt to imagine how the cookie would weave into this vision of the immediate future. Now, I would like to take my past, then my future, and play it into the vision of a fortune cookie.




“Only the ones we do not know can see the mobility of forward thinking”.

I have met many wonderful and supportive people, as I open this door of self expression in the form of blogging. People who are not about criticism; but the growth within me and directions I am heading. For this, I am fortunate.




“You will meet a stranger, and with a glance, know there is much more to be learned”.

From time to time, we shall meet a new person, and share a realization of purpose for your meeting. Somehow, you just know, in your heart of hearts, from the depth of your being, your growth directly depends on the person you are just meeting. I have met, just one of these people. She was here on a temporary basis. She is now left for home, and yet, we will remain in contact through this digital communication called the internet. For this, I am fortunate. OK, this one does not apply to the “in bed” rule. She may read this one day.




“Only the quiet will learn humility”.

My passenger, on the journey to Las Vegas, consistently enjoyed conversation; however, this person appeared to have doubt of being understood. It must be for this reason; many discussions were repeated, and then repeated again. I listened, each time, in hopes of hearing a new angle or thought and maybe they would fill their need of the direction of this dialogue. For this, I am fortunate. I have a new and closer friend.




“A true friend is the one who will look through our darkest days”.

As we arrived to my friend’s house in Vegas, I did see my motorcycle. With excitement, I leaped from my truck to have a closer look. As I drew to the half distance mark, I could see changes; but not the changes I was hoping to witness. The bike is in worse condition than when I left it with them. Every light was broken or hanging off of the frame. The intake manifolds to the carburetors’ were improperly installed. I made mention of how my expectations were great; nonetheless, there was nothing to be done of the current condition. I took it in stride and knew the only way to see my desires were to make them my achievements. My friends had other matters that required their vast attention.

Pictures to come…
Be Safe
Reach

3 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

My heart sunk as you were running to your bike & saw it was in worse shape than before. Your attitude about obstacles says so much about who you are & the type of life you live.
I love fortune cookies too, more for their taste though, lol. You send me the cookie & I'll give you the fortune, k?

Thu May 18, 05:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Seven said...

A nice example of viewing life through the prism we choose. Many are available to us, how we choose to react or accept the reality is a mark of our maturity.
Your maturity shines through here.

Fri May 19, 06:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

Very nice post, I like your idea.

I think you have a very level head, and you're writing is getting pretty good.

Fri Jun 16, 08:39:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home