Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ouch!

Hello All,

I would like to preface with an apology. I have not written anything for some time and wish to apologize to my regular readers and visitors for my complacency.

It appears that I have had a minor relapse with my legs and I am once again back on the crutches; as this was a compromise, the doc’s wanted me to take a wheel chair. The Doctors were forced to drain some joints- there is a medical term for this procedure; however, the exact name escapes my memory at this moment. Additional to the 60+ cc of fluid (which they did not recover all) and one of my legs is more than twice the size of the other, they have also decided that I should be placed on “Quarters” and remain in bed. “Quarters”, for the layman explanation, is when a military member must be accounted for and remain in their room. I did manage to convince them to reduce the time for which I would be “laid up”; unfortunately, it was not simply laid. The later part was for a couple of individual’s humor, so if you at least smiled- that may have been added for your benefit.
My home life is becoming more serious, to the point that even my optimism is strained. Add to these previous, my medical board meets some time prior to the end of this month with a new decision to release.

In short, if not too late, I have some stress; I have little opportunity to sit and write; and, finally, thanks to the doctors- I have a new lifetime subscription to pain meds. Yes, I intended to write subscription, as this stuff arrives monthly. In addition, it’s not the cheap shit either! I wonder if I endured the pain and swelling and stock piled the drugs for future sales- would this be considered my retirement fund. Too bad my integrity will not allow this thought to grow any further from the depths of my drug induced, mentally challenged, comfortably numb, state- of California. Wait! I meant to say- I have and hold integrity and would never consider such thoughts into realization.

This may, or may not, be short. It is an attempt, however, to continue with information outflow.

Good luck all,

Reach

3 Comments:

Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

Well, hopefull you'll get laid while you're laid up. A lifetime of meds? Doesn't sound so bad, if they help. A lot of people are on prozac, etc, for the rest of their lives.

Sat Jun 24, 07:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Seven said...

Mr Reach,
We are all thinking of you and hoping for good outcomes on all things.
Stay as positive as conditions allow, keep us informed and get better soon.
God's Peace
Rick

Sun Jun 25, 07:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sideways Chica said...

Dear Reach...I just knew it. ;(

As you know, my husband and I continue to struggle with the complications from his knee surgery in January. My heart goes out to you. I am sending all of my best (positive)thoughts your way. Remember the waves, the sky and all you love...

Ciao cyber buddy... looking forward to some tom foolery when you're better! :)

Mon Jun 26, 07:55:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home