Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm just a hound

Hello All,
It is time to release the hounds and hopefully the FOX will run underground.

As my usual routine, I was surfing around the net on friend’s sites and
  • Seven
  • brought the most appalling item to my attention. This bothered me to the point that
  • Henry David Thorough
  • would appreciate; therefore, it is my turn to “go off” and post my thoughts, frustrations and surprise.

    Airing toward the end of the Sweeps week, on FOX will be the o.j. simpson interview. It is in this forum simpson will announce the sale of his new book titled, “O.J. SIMPSON: IF I DID IT, HERE’S HOW IT HAPPENED” (working title). FOX, employer to Geraldo Rivera, who attempted to release critical operational information while embedded during Operation Iraqi Freedom, and famous for such classic entertainment television such as “MARRIED WITH CHILDREN” and who can forget “WHO WANTS TO MARRY A MILLIONARE”, is aiming high for the ratings game. Reportedly, the interview will be conducted by none other than noted publisher Judith Regan, who coincidentally is simpson’s publisher.
    “This is an interview that no one thought would ever happen”, said Mike Darnell, Executive Vice President of Alternative Programming. Mike, I speak to you so informally because it does not appear that you give consideration to the view of the public; anyway, let me explain to you why nobody thought that it would ever happen. The public was captivated and focused on every detail presented during the trial. The majority of the public had formed their own opinion- despite the “so called” jury verdicts. We listened to the evidence and watched the double talking attorneys set the events that led to this man’s freedom.

    All of this, and FOX Network wishes to join forces with simpson- do you NOT see how wrong this is, on so many levels??????

    Meanwhile, reportedly simpson will be receiving $3.5 million for the book, as stated by MSN’s Jeannette Walls. “o.j. simpson is confessing. Hypothetically, that is” wrote Walls. Additionally, she wrote, “But simpson is not actually confessing to the murder- rather, he’s writing a ‘hypothetical’ book." To which the Enquirer published simpson’s plans to keep the money and not pay out on the civil court suit. Could this be contempt to the very judicial system that allowed him to leave the court room free, that very day?

    All of this, and FOX Network wishes to join forces with simpson- do you NOT see how wrong this is, on so many levels??????

    The greatest freedom we have in the United States is choice. I will never force my opinions upon another; therefore, I for one, and will probably be the only one, not viewing FOX Network for this interview- or, ever again. If this is their idea of how I wish to be entertained, then they have no concept of my character. There was a point in my life, where o.j. simpson was a figure that I respected- those days are gone, along with my respect for any corporation deciding to unit in any form with him.
    Just a thought,

    Reach

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Holly said...

    Reach, I completely agree with you, and am disgusted with the media. If they would stop bringing so much attention to O.J. then he wouldn't have a chance in hell to make any kind of money at all. All of it is a bunch of BS.

    Fri Nov 17, 09:26:00 AM PST  
    Blogger Hawkmistress said...

    Here's what I don't understand - how on earth can he NOT pay the civil suit? I mean, I didn't get the impression that those things were optional - if I didn't pay a fine or something here in town a nice Sheriff would knock on my door. Has it really gotten so bad that our culture's separation of the famous or rich (or rich and famous) from reality (i.e., the consequences that the rest of us face when we screw up) that it's come to O.J. confessing on primetime AND MAKING MONEY OFF IT? AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH

    Sorry, just dropping in and couldn't hold myself back.

    Fri Nov 17, 01:08:00 PM PST  
    Blogger Reach said...

    Holly,
    We have seen when the media leaves OJ alone, he finds a spotlight to bring his name back into focus. It has been my contention that he be deported.

    Hawkmistress,
    Welcome and thank you for not holding back. I have tried to remain optomistic in my posts; however, I could not hold back, also.
    His civil case was not filed in federal court, but filed in California and he now resides in Florida. California has no jurisdiction outside of its borders unless they turn it over to the federal system. Considering he was freed of murder charges in California, they can not make a federal case. With that said, they must find a way to enforce their rulings, while he is outside of this state. Also, if he becomes delinquent in payment to the families, the families will have to jump through hopes to just get him thrown into jail- and that is pending his presence in California.

    Thank you all

    Reach

    Fri Nov 17, 02:04:00 PM PST  

    Post a Comment

    << Home