Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm Sorry

This came to me with many additions from other people and I also added a few. This is a compilation of many authors in the hopes to relay the message.


I'm sorry,
That I bought you roses
to tell you that I like you

I'm sorry,
That I was raised with respect
not to sleep with you when you were drunk

I'm sorry,
That I open your car door,
and pull out your chair like I was raised

I'm sorry,
That I'm not cute enough
to be "your guy"

I'm sorry,
That I am actually nice;
not an asshole

I'm sorry,
I don't have a huge bank account
to buy you expensive things


I'm sorry,
That I am always the one you need to talk to,
but never good enough to date

I'm sorry,
That I always held your hair back when you threw up, and didn't get mad at you for puking in my car,
but when we went out you went home with another guy

I'm sorry,
That I tell you your beautiful everyday and the most you could ever think of me is a friend.

I'm sorry,
That I am there to pick you up at 4am when your new man hit you and dropped you off in the middle of nowhere,
but not good enough to listen to me when I need a friend

I'm sorry,
If I start not being there, and being used as a door mat, only to be thrown to the side when the new asshole comes around

I'm sorry,
If I don't answer my phone anymore when you call, to listen to you cry for hours, instead of getting a couple hours of sleep before work

I'm sorry,
If you read this and know somebody like this
but don't care But most of all

I'm sorry,
For not being sorry anymore

I'm sorry,
That you can't accept me for who I am

I'm sorry,
I can't ever do anything right, and nothing that I do is good
enough to make it in your world.

I'm sorry,
I caught your boyfriend with another girl and told you about it, I thought that was what friends were for...

I'm sorry,
That I told you I loved you and actually meant it.

I'm sorry,
That when I told you I loved you, you didn't know how to react so you just stopped talking to me.

I'm sorry,
That I talked to you for nine hours on Thanksgiving when your boyfriend was threatening you instead of spending time with my family.

I'm Sorry,
That I cared

I'm sorry,
That I listen to you at night talk about how you wish you could have done something different.


Ladies always complain to their friends by saying, “There are never any good guys out there” and “always end up with assholes that mistreat.” Well ladies, next time you're bitching, maybe look up to see who you're bitching to because just maybe that special someone is right there hanging on your every word as usual and screaming in his head "Why won't you give me a chance?" Because the person you are usually searching for is right by you.

If you're a guy and you agree with this letter, repost as "I'm sorry "and add a little if I forgot something

If you're one of the few girls who would never make a guy feel this way, repost as "To all the girls who look past the nice guys"

Be Safe,

Reach

4 Comments:

Blogger Broady said...

Hope you didn't waste too much time getting your ass kicked by this girl.

Thu Feb 01, 05:01:00 PM PST  
Blogger Sideways Chica said...

Dear Reach...is this another one of those exercises your doing to try and dispel your "nice guy" image? News for you buddy, it won't work. You're a nice guy and I'm not biting - unless of course you want me too. ;)

Ciao dude...I think you'll enjoy this week's column. Head over when you can, I need some more testosterone in the conversation.

Also...if you get the chance, cast a vote in my direction. Info on my sidebar.

Fri Feb 02, 09:10:00 AM PST  
Blogger Seven said...

Reach,
This is brave and sometimes needed. I find blogdom is heavily fem dominated and I also have written about similar subjects. In my case I wrote about 'male bashing' which is now assumed to be socially acceptable and even expected. I saw facts recently that there are more single women than ever, and... the majority reason given by women is that men aren't good and not worth their time. Then I read in blogdom constantly, all the insufferable bitching about men, whose attention and help the blogger seems to want desperately.
Common sense tell me this is NOT a singular problem with men. Just my two cents.
And, was this the same woman, or a composite?

Sun Feb 04, 09:42:00 AM PST  
Blogger Reach said...

Hello All,

This is too funny-
I thank you for all your thoughts. The story behind this is quite simple. This letter is written by several people, each adding their part to make the whole; and, my addition included only one line referring to my ex-wife which ended less than 20 years ago. I am over that part of my life. Therefore, “Reach” did not write this whole post and no it was not for one particular woman. Actually, it is probably written for more women than I have dated or loved, and yes- married, in my entire life.

I find the humor in this post for one reason- the comments. I have had personal comments directly to me, and the wording each of you use here. Teri, you are correct- I am a terminal “nice guy”- sorry. I blame it on my up-bringing.

The curious portion of why I posted this on my blog is two parts. 1) I was asked to include an addition and post it; 2) It does represent the “typical” woman I have been meeting in this past “what-ever” + years. So, what else can I say? Other than it is time for another post.

Be Safe,

Reach

Sun Feb 04, 10:06:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home