Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Communicating with one Oar

Hello All,

Is it not irony that the word “solo” meaning single or alone, when applied to relationships is pronounced “So Low”?

If you have read my previous post, you will understand why I am facing some rapids lately. Additionally, I have spoken to other single people out there and I have found that we are in the same, and different, boats. As I row alone during this holiday season, I find my single oar tends to create a cyclic pattern and I need to move forward. With every stroke, I am finding my path changing. Do I follow the new direction, or move toward a final goal?

It must be the season, for all I feel at this moment in time is confusing circles. Though, ‘this season’ has lasted over three years, I am certain that it is about to change. Here is what I find truly comical- I am an extremely romantic person with love. It is not uncommon for my actions to remind friends, their desire for a parallel behavior from their ‘better-half’.

Ladies, let me ask you this-
For a special occasion, I have taken a friend out to dinner on her birthday. We arrived to the restaurant with out reservations, and seated normally because the staff was prepared for us. The menu’s are handed out and I pretend to read mine; all the while, watching her for a reaction as she opens the menu.
Earlier, I went to the restaurant and left a personalized and unique Birthday card to be placed in her menu and handed to her when we were seated. Ok, time for the question so prepare yourself-

Why do women say that want a considerate, carrying man; yet, fail to recognize one and throw him to the side?

As I read this post, I think to myself “this is negative”. Well, how can I move forward if I can not release that of the past? How much should I hold back and not release? So, there- there is one release. Do I feel better? Who knows- I certainly don’t.

Just a feeling,

Reach

3 Comments:

Blogger Texas Cinderella said...

Your friend obviously can't see a good thing when it is clearly right in front of her face. But the question I've been asking myself is that love shouldn't be hard. It should be effortless and carefree with the occasional bumps in the road. So if it is hard and doesn't just flow naturally,then it's not right. Her loss. And yes...we are in the same boat- loved please pass the oar!

Fri Dec 15, 03:51:00 AM PST  
Blogger Sideways Chica said...

Oh Reach...if I only had the answer I would share it with you. If I had a cure I would be rich and wouldn't have so many friends moaning about the proverbial bed they made with a bad boy and are now lying in very uncomfortably. ;)

If I figure something out I'll let you know. But please...it works both ways. You need to pick a winner too! Women who appreciate the good guys ARE out there. Don't give up hope, and don't change your M.O. You may have to fly solo a bit longer, but that's better than having a copilot who doesn't appreciate how wonderful you are.

Ciao for now...

Fri Dec 15, 10:47:00 PM PST  
Blogger Seven said...

Holy Cow! What a question...clearly all the dudes are lost on this one, me included.
They do go after the bad boys, then complain and bitch up a mighty storm about them, then go right back to them......?????

Thu Dec 21, 11:55:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home