Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hello All,

I am wishing a Happy Valentines Day to all. With this day, I search the memories of my past to former loves. I remember my “first” real love as it began with only a childhood crush.

S.H. was one year younger than I, but in the same grade. She had the most beautiful blond hair, I had not seen on any other girl prior. As a pre-pubescent male child, I could never speak when she was present. This was difficult, as I had so many things to tell her, so many stories to speak of; you see, in my youth I was fortunate to travel the world with my family. We, and our families, became best friends. A person would never see one without the other. S.H. taught me so many things, about respect, love, caring, and nurturing another person’s growth, that I would have never learned without her. We are not in contact these days, but I do remain in touch with her parents via mine.

Miss Campbell- Junior high and I could not say one word straight around her. Each of my friends knew of my fascination over this blond, I then called, "Charlie Brown's little Red Haired Girl". I wanted to ask her out, but my mouth would only say the unintelligible, garbled mess. Funny thought, I knew what I sounded like but could not stop. Also, the more I created a mess, the more I liked her. She, taught me nothing.

Squeak- yes there really is a person with this name. Squeak was my High School girlfriend. I met her in my sophomore year and she in her freshman. A typical “surfer” gal, she participated in every sport that I loved. We were honestly made for each other. And, with times being that they are, we remained best friends to this day. She taught me how to deal with unique situations and, she also taught me how to make unique situations. She taught me to never lie, to impress a lady. Everybody knew that one day her and I would be married; although, I would not trade my best friend for anything.

My wife- though she is my ex-wife, she will remain my first wife. She, too, taught me so many things and I’m not going into detail on that topic other than it hurt. Also, that is why I am divorced today. Believe me, I am the one who left.

Victoria- My true love! Diagnosed and a Cancer Survivor, I was there when others gave up on her. Each time I looked at her my heart, soul, and body would melt into a puddle. Thank goodness I did not still suffer from my "Shy" problems. We were actually introduced by my ex-wife; you see, V was my ex's best-friend. One thing I can say about my ex is her knowledge of my respect for others, talk about a "Soap Opera" story line, as my ex convinced V to give me a chance. Unfortunately, Victoria and I had lives traveling down different roads; however, I will always appreciate the times our roads did cross. She taught me about truly caring for another person: the look in ones-eyes, the warmth of the heart, and the magic of a single touch. In the end, I realized she deserved much more than I could ever give. Last I heard she was married to a doctor, was more than very happy, and moved into a house with the little white picket-fence; to have this combination remained one of her dreams and I hope she finally fulfilled it.

Missy- she truly desired my progression. Helping me throughout my early flight education, I would never have reached the levels seen, if it were not for her.

MMaW- she believed in me when others would not, to include myself. Our break was a classic phrase, “Be careful of what you ask, you just might get it”. I wanted my aviation profession. She wanted me to have all that I could ever desire. Then, I was gone from home most of the time. Between the Air Force flying and the civilian flying, there was not much time for any home life. Plus, when I was at home, and not too tired from being on the road, my mind was really not there for her. In the end, she taught me that I really do not wish to fly for a living. And, though she is in a happier place, I do miss her from time to time but I am very happy for her.


England- she was not so long ago. A recent widow, she was still dealing with those family issues and really needed a friend. Such a beautiful soul, caring and giving to others without asking for herself; it was easy to fall in love with her. Our break came from distance- I living in California and she in England. I think of her and pray for her happiness.

And finally, Miss Future- I do not know her yet, but I imagine she is the best. As I sit here typing this out on Valentine’s Day, I make one promise before the world. Her world is going to rock, when we do meet. Do you, my readers, remember the movie “Romancing the Stone”? My contention has always been that romance travels hand in hand with adventure. It is the fact of doing something new and exciting, pure adrenaline pumping action, that makes any relationship carry forward. The simple fact of sharing one’s journey, as it happens, with another can create or solidify an existing bond.

These only name a few, for I have more than my fair share of his-stories.

A confirmed nice guy- I spend this Valentine’s Day alone.

Reach

2 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

Its likely you were not really alone. Surely all those you detailed were thinking of you also. And maybe they one with the little white fence of her dreams is now dreaming of the adventure you love?

Thu Feb 15, 07:23:00 AM PST  
Blogger Texas Cinderella said...

What a nice way to spend valentine's day....sifting through the relationships that didn't work out and being ready and equipped with the knowledge gained from the former loves, for the one relationship that will finally click! I hope we both find someone that makes us truly happy!
Happy belated Valentines day!

Tue Feb 20, 06:00:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home