Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, September 18, 2006

Some time has passed

Hello All,
Recently a Captain from my civilian company paid me an update visit. I was happy since we have not seen each other in years, and were looking forward to my recovery and returning to work for the airline. Unfortunately, I gave him the bad news of my never flying again- Well not passing my flight physical. This reminded me of how I have failed in updating my internet friends; therefore, I shall try to be brief of my time spent.

My Medical Boards were finalized on 18 August with a “Return to Service” determination; however, there are limitations within this decision. Not since I was a child residing in my father’s house have I been on restriction. Ok, maybe I spoke too soon- As I am now restricted to the CONUS, Continental United States! I am non-mobility rated and will not be returning to Iraq.
“Why is this bothersome for me”, you might ask- I will tell you why. Do you remember
  • This Post
  • ? As my friends were teaching the Skyhawks to surf, I was filming/documenting their adventures. The final product from that day found its way to some high sources and a job offer found its way back to me. I was offered a Photo-Journalist position and they would send my happy butt to school for the furtherance of my basic knowledge. Alright, I am an amateur; but, they say I have an “Eye for composition”. The only problem with this position is that it is a “World-Wide Qualification” and I am on restriction. I feel like a teenager speaking with my friends over the phone, on this one.
    I have been working on a spreadsheet for my current position and writing formulas. Though I do not have any degrees in math or algebra, I do seem to struggle my way through this stuff by producing formulas like the following:
    “=IF(INPUT!B14>1,IF(U14=$U$3,IF(I14>1,(I14-H14)+(G14-E14)+(Q14-P14)+(S14-R14),IF(H14>1,(H14-E14)+(Q14-P14)+(S14-R14),(G14-E14))),IF(R14>1,$V$3,IF(P14>1,$V$3,IF(H14>1,$H$2,$V$3)))),0)”
    This stuff is really working!
    There have been other things going on, but I shall leave them for another day.
    Sleep well,

    Reach

    2 Comments:

    Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

    The link didn't work.

    Excel is fun, and not too hard. There's lots of help out there, and examples. Just google what you want to do.

    Hopefully something will work out, can you be a US only photographer?

    Tue Sep 19, 02:24:00 PM PDT  
    Blogger Reach said...

    No- I wish. But I have found that I only need to release my care and something usually comes my way. At least I have not fallen upon dire straights, in the past.

    Reach

    Tue Sep 19, 02:48:00 PM PDT  

    Post a Comment

    << Home