Name:
Location: California, United States

Friday, November 17, 2006

Do actions speak louder than words?

Hello All,
Well, as you can see by my previous post, I was a little heated. It is for this reason, I decided to speak my mind to somebody who can, but probably will not, change a course of events to come. You got it, I logged onto their website and followed the “email” html and wrote to FOX addressing this issue and asking….well, here is a copy:
To: The Management and General Staff, FOX News and Fox entertainment,
Greetings and I hope the message finds you well.
With the opportunity of time to spell out every detail of my objections, I wish to keep this simple and straight forward. I am appalled that any of the Fox entertainment, networks, or companies is even considering the airing of Mr. Simpson's interview. The number of people across the United States who find this action to be in poor taste is continuing to grow. Currently, I have spoken to many numbers of people who are considering a boycott of the interview, all Fox sponsors, and FOX News should this interview air.

With the previous stated, please keep in mind the number of victims within the United States who may be considering the same actions as those I have had conversations on this topic. Additionally, to any person employed by FOX, please ponder the idea of your company sharing your same moral fortitude- should this interview air.

I write this letter with good intention of bringing forward integrity to our nation’s entertainment providers. I have never written any letter to any other corporation in the past; as, I have always maintained the corporation is solely in place for monetary reasons. Unfortunately, FOX will be the first corporation to have made a decision I find appalling. I, my family, and my household have continued to be loyal customers of the FOX Networks. I find it sad to have this continued relationship end- should FOX News follow through with their plans of airing this horrible idea.
Respectfully,
A. Customer

Here is the response I received,

The original message was received at Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:03:27 -0500 (EST)
from root@localhost

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<@foxinc.comaskfoxfoxinc.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
553 <@foxinc.comaskfoxfoxinc.com>...
Just an update,
Reach

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Oh Reach, I don't even know what to say to that response. Except one word comes to mind.....Pitiful!
But other than that, I'm proud of you for writing.

Mon Nov 20, 09:06:00 AM PST  
Blogger Reach said...

Holly,
I could not just sit on my hands with something in this poor of taste.

Thank you for stopping by.

Reach

Mon Nov 20, 10:28:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home