Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Friday Night

Yesterday I remained in the office until 1900 hrs. My work was pending others completing their tasks, and then I could do my thing. After I completed my tasks, the Command staff was waiting to “do their thing” and we could quit for the night.

One of the “First Shirts” invited me over to their room for a little get together. While I was there, I received the call about my cuz and his current conditions. Everything is going much better for him, since they have located the spider venom/infection. It is located in his spine and they are treating it appropriately. Next, after some more time and more injections, he will begin his Physical Therapy and start using his muscles again. No word on my Physical Therapy. I can’t wait to get back to the gym. I am truly getting tired of this body.

After the social, I traveled over to the ever popular “Sally’s Alley”. “Sally’s”, holds great historical value. I am not certain when the doors first opened, but some say it was WWII era. Let me tell you about Sally’s. First, it really is as friendly as the bar on the TV show “Cheers”. Everybody knows your name. Second, if it is customary in any other bar, anywhere around the world, it is outlawed/forbidden in Sally’s. There is a list of “rules” posted on the wall, as you first enter the building. All infractions require the purchase of “Rounds” for the bar. I can attempt to remember, said rules, but it is too difficult. First rule, the Bartender is the peace keeper, judge, jury and enforcer. The Bartender holds the privilege of changing any rule, anytime, and is the discretion of the Bar. The Last rule is, never leave the bar without saying “good bye” to the Bartender. The Bartender is also security. The funny thing is, and the second rule, anything the Bartender says is the rule of the night. Additionally, the Bartender controls all troops in the Bar; therefore, if there is an infraction, the patrons will control the individual until the Bartender makes a determination of outcome.
Outside, on the patio, at Sally’s, was the “Crud” table. I miss that game. If you are not aware of Crud, it is simple, take a billiard table (preferably a “Snooker” table) and play full contact billiards. As somebody will be injured, during the play, no Queue Sticks are allowed. You have an object ball, to which you target for the pocket. Using your hands, you roll the queue ball toward the object ball and the opposite team member can do anything to make you miss, just short of touching the balls or the shooter. Now, after the release of the “shooting” ball, the defender may touch the “shooting” player, this becomes important for “shooting” ball recovery. This game has many versions, but these are the basic rules and other players tend to play around these.

Well, it is a busy Saturday and I am off to another meeting.

Have a great weekend all,

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home