Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Of water and sound

Hello All,
As previously promised, the river trip went well. My room-mate, her daughter, one of the daughter’s friends, and myself made the drive with much singing and carrying on along the way. Each excited to begin the weekend. Unfortunately, the excitement was short lived as the room-mate decided this to be the time to begin an attitude; which lasted all weekend. All that said the girls and I made the decision not letting this bother our fun. The boat was ready when we arrived and after setting up our camping site, we were on the lake. Oh the Lake, the one solitude that would last all weekend. The girls enjoyed water skiing as well as water Tubing. They even met some young gentlemen, their age, who wanted to go out for a few boat rides. I thought it funny that the boys liked the slower speeds when Tubing. Then, by request, the boys and the girls paired off and found new Tubing partners. This was the time that everybody except me wanted the mellow-rides. The father of one boy lives locally, and surfs by my house. Additionally, he is a private pilot and we spent one full night talking of airplanes. We decided to get some surfing safari’s going and exchanged email.

Time for a gear change- Last night I went to my buddy’s office to play with his toys. His office is a fully equipped sound and video stage. He just received some new toys and I was honored to be part of their “unveiling”. Immediately following, we began doing some recordings that lasted until 2:30 AM. I’ve not been in the studio for more than twenty years- 1983, to be exact. Wow, did that bring back some memories, even though I have much less hair. I didn’t see any future like I once thought but it was fun to play around again. I’d go back tonight if I was not expecting company. Who knows, maybe tomorrow night will find me late in the studio again.

Considering I have been offering some down-beat posts, I thought I might offer an up-beat one- so here it is for the change of gears.

Reach

2 Comments:

Blogger T.H. Elliott said...

That sounds like fun. I really want to start getting back to nature. I miss camping.

Glad you had fun.

Wed Sep 20, 11:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Seven said...

The magic of music! and in a studio to boot...bet that really put a smile on your face!

Thu Sep 21, 07:02:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home