Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Progress Report- Just a quick note:

Hello All,
Well this is my second day of being an unemployed civilian. It is nice to sleep in- something I’ve not done for some time. Also, I don’t even think about those “Oh-Dark, thirty” alerts. I can sleep through the night, or even stay up as late as I wish.

Yesterday I accomplished too much and I am beginning to think that I must pace myself. Our mail has been going undelivered due to an unlock-able mail box and the postal person will not leave our mail un-safe. I’ve tried to have my son and room-mate pick up the mail at the post office for over a week- and I succeeded yesterday; however, the post office was unaware of any returned mail. Well, I guess those important letters will have to be re-sent.

I am not certain if I have previously addressed the next issue, so here you go. Though I could not be hired into the photo-journalist’s position, I did decide to continue photographing and editing. This idea spawned my production company, which I shall describe in more detail as all of the legalities are finished. Although, I do have my first production almost ready to shoot in the next month. I had a meeting with the client yesterday and we sat down and discussed our ideas. I think with this collaboration, we are going to finish with an outstanding Promotional Video. This film is going to focus on a particular company and its participation and contributions to off-road racing. So here is the foundation of yesterday’s discussion: Opening scene is going to be a desert camp-site in the early morning hours. All bodies are slowly waking from their sleep. As one person starts their vehicle’s engine, the other people awaken and slowly head to their own vehicle. We shall include some professional drivers suiting up in these shots. Additionally, there will be one “Retired” couple beginning their day. All shots will be directed to enhance the final scenes- that of “Trophy-Kart” races. If you’ve not witnessed the Trophy-Kart division, I highly recommend seeing it once. I was amazed at the things these carts will do……Wow.

Today, I tore into my truck’s motor for some preventative maintenance. Oh yes, and I watched a movie. I am going to count these past two days as a weekend. Tomorrow I plan to either go to the base and finish some paper work, or, work in the yard around here. I’ve not done any yard work for some time, as I have been asking my son and room-mate to do these chores. While it is work; it is very relaxing and I shall need to enter the “Job-Hunting” force with a clear and positive mind.

Bottom line- I am happy.

Reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home